Grails in motion, moment Edition is a complete advent to Grails 2 concerned with making you super-productive quick. during this completely revised re-creation, you are going to grasp Grails 2.3 middle abilities as you practice TDD recommendations to constructing a full-scale Twitter clone. alongside the best way you are going to examine the newest single-page internet app UI ideas, paintings with NoSQL backends, combine with company messaging, and enforce a whole RESTful API to your providers.
Purchase of the print ebook contains a loose booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
It can be time so that you can cease reconfiguring, rewriting, and recompiling your Java net apps. Grails, a Groovy-powered net framework, hides all that busy paintings so that you can pay attention to what your functions do, no longer how they are outfitted. as well as its famously intuitive dev setting and seamless integration with Spring and Hibernate, the recent Grails 2.3 provides greater relaxation aid, greater safety opposed to assaults from the internet, and higher dependency resolution.
About the Book
Grails in motion, moment Edition is a complete advent to Grails 2. during this absolutely revised version you are going to grasp Grails as you follow TDD suggestions to a full-scale instance (a Twitter clone). alongside the best way you will examine single-page net app suggestions, paintings with NoSQL again ends, combine with company messaging, enforce a RESTful API ... and more.
No Java or Groovy wisdom is needed. a few net improvement and OOP event is helpful.
- Covers Grails 2.3 from the floor up
- Agile supply and trying out utilizing Spock
- How to exploit and deal with plugins
- Tips and methods from the trenches
About the Authors
There's no alternative for event: Glen Smith and Peter Ledbrook were furnishings within the Grails neighborhood, contributing code, running a blog, and conversing at meetings all over the world, in view that Grails 0.2.
Table of Contents
PART 1 INTRODUCING GRAILS
- Grails in a hurry
- The Groovy essentials
PART 2 center GRAILS
- Modeling the area 63
- Creating the preliminary UI
- Retrieving the knowledge you need
- Controlling software flow
- Services and knowledge binding
- Developing tasty kinds, perspectives, and layouts
PART three daily GRAILS
- Building trustworthy applications
- Using plugins: simply upload water
- Protecting your application
- Exposing your app to different programs
- Single-page net functions (and different UI stuff)
- Understanding Spring and transactions
PART four complex GRAILS
- Understanding occasions, messaging, and scheduling
- NoSQL and Grails
- Beyond assemble, try, run
- Grails within the cloud
BONUS on-line CHAPTERS
- Advanced GORM kung fu
- Developing plugins