By Ben Frain
Produce and preserve cross-browser CSS records more uncomplicated than ever sooner than with the Sass CSS preprocessor and its significant other authoring framework, Compass
• basic, transparent, and thorough. This publication guarantees you don’t must be a programming mastermind to wield the ability of Sass and Compass!
• formerly difficult and time-consuming CSS projects turns into trivial. simply produce cross-browser CSS3 gradients, shadows, and alterations besides photograph sprites, info URIs, and more.
• stick with besides fitting, developing, and dealing via a whole undertaking, enforcing the Sass and Compass strategies and instruments as we go.
The CSS preprocessor, Sass, is changing into the de-facto typical for generating cross-browser CSS extra maintainable and with extra ease. It supercharges CSS with positive aspects that make formerly tricky and time-consuming initiatives trivial. This publication concentrates on distilling the concepts in a simple demeanour making it available to all, even to people who simply recognize HTML and CSS.
Written through the writer of the bestselling "Responsive website design with HTML5 and CSS3", Sass and Compass for Designers will clarify every thing you want to get Sass and Compass put in, mastered, and making your lifestyles more straightforward. there'll be no complicated terminology or baffling syntax left unexplained. We'll get you place up after which construct a domain jointly, step-by-step, utilizing the superb strength of Sass and Compass.
We will commence with a very unstyled HTML record and construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered web site step by way of step.
Sass and Compass make CSS effortless. You'll tips on how to control colour within the stylesheet with a unmarried command, create responsive grids conveniently, immediately create photograph sprites, and create CSS3 powered principles that paintings throughout all smooth browsers.
"Sass and Compass for Designers" explains the way to produce nice CSS more straightforward than ever before.
What you'll examine from this book
• set up Sass and Compass in your process after which organize and keep Sass and Compass powered projects!
• how you can simply manage shades; tinting, shading, blending, and complementing latest shades on your stylesheets turns into a cinch.
• Make your personal responsive CSS-based structure grid that scales throughout any viewport with out additional markup needed.
• Create media query-based CSS principles along current kinds, making responsive web site construction simpler.
• discover Compass’s many helpers and instruments. You’ll learn how to embed photos and fonts and convey complex cross-browser CSS3.
• Create ideal photograph sprites with Compass in moments.
• how to create loops with Sass to automate repetitive CSS tasks.
• know how to compartmentalize code, making your CSS extra maintainable, comprehensible, and modular than ever before.
A step by step instructional consultant, taking you thru the right way to construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered website.
Who this booklet is written for
If you recognize HTML and CSS, this publication is all you want to take your code to the subsequent point with Sass and Compass. No earlier knowing of CSS preprocessors or programming conventions is needed.